Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dangerous


Did you know that this animal kills more people annually than this animal:



Yet we consider the lion the "king of the jungle"(even though it doesn't even live in the jungle). Why is this?

The lion is more stately. It looks majestic with its mane, almost like a crown.

Don't get me wrong--the lion is dangerous. But it is majestic. Reminds me of God. Majestic in holiness. Christ is described as the Lion of Judah. He is King of kings. Yet he is dangerous. Praise God He is good and gentle and loving, but make no mistake--He is dangerous. A dangerous King!

6 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Kade said...

Like my dad said once, " There are two things the Gospel saves us from. The Gospel saved us from God, and the Gospel saves us to God."

Great Post Chris.

For His son's Glory,
-Kole

 
At March 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

That is really amazing. I mean, when you think of the lion, you think of how majestic it looks, yet it doesn't hardly compare to God.

~Rachel

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I really liked the post Chris.

It makes you think...wow imagine that..me...thinking!

lol

ttyl

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Blogger N. L. White said...

but is he tame?

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Nanci,

He is not tame. He is good. Tame would require an outside influence on God and God only consults Himself. He is Good. He is Tame. He is not tame.

Thanks for checking out my blog, guys. I am trying to get better at posting. Maybe one day I'll grow up and post everyday.

In the Service of Christ,
Chris

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I meant to say "He is Good. He is Dangerous. He is not Tame."

Sorry,
In the Service of Christ,
Chris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home