Friday, February 29, 2008

Continual Praise

I am sorry for the lack of posting on this blog. It is harder than I thought it would be to continue to update regularly. I have had the desire to update but have not done it. I am such a slacker. Oh well, now is the time that I will give to do this and I will pray that God will lead me to continue to be regular in updating as a part of my ministry to the youth.

I was chastised by some of the youth in the church about not updating in a while and so I promised that I would get this done by tonight. But I was unsure about what I was going to blog about. I had a few ideas the last week or two, but those topics have kind of come and gone in other conversations so I never got the time to post them. But tonight on our way home I was reminded of something by my oldest son that was on my heart this morning from my Bible reading.

Psalm 34:1-3

I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt his name together.

How often is this not true of us? David, writing this song to the Lord is expressing his heart in continually praising his God. But that is so hard to do.

I have been trying to teach my little ones that we are to be content and happy with the place that God has put us in. Whether we have or do not have; whether God has given or taken away; whether we are rich or poor; whether we are in sickness or health; whether we are in peace or persecution we are to be content with were God has us and with what He has given to us. My son has been a little preoccupied with the thought of "things". He wants and does not have. Tonight on the way home he told me that he had decided that he would be content with the house that we live in because he and his brother had decided that we could have an "amusement park" in our yard. With this he would be content with what God had given to us.

After laughing, I had to explain that God does not want us to be content with where He will lead us and with what He will give us, but that we are to be content with what we have now. It is wonderful everytime that we receive new blessings from our gracious God, but if we are not able to be full of joy in the place that we are now, then we will not be content when He gives us more. It is our duty to praise God in the good and the bad of our lives. It is He that gives and takes away and He does this because He knows what is best for us, but mostly because it will bring the most glory to him. We must have the attitude of David in that we will continually praise God. That His name will be on our lips at all times. That there will be no one that we come in contact with that will not know that our true love is our Lord and our God.

Are you content with where God has put you and with what He has for you right now? Not with what you think or hope that he will give you. Not with where you think or hope he will lead you, but with where you are at now? I pray that you are and that you will praise Him for what He has accomplished in and for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home